ICAgile Project Management (ICP-APM) Overview
The ICP-APM is one of two Continuous Learning Certifications (CLCs) on the Delivery Management track. This certification focuses on core components of the agile project manager role as distinct from the traditional project manager, and on equipping the learner with strategies and techniques for successful Lean and Agile project implementation. A servant leadership mindset and approach is critical to empowering agile teams to produce great results. Students will practice the role of agile project manager as a facilitator of agile practices towards achieving desired outcomes.
This certification also takes a much more in-depth look at the fundamental agile concepts of adaptive planning, customer collaboration, and value-driven delivery in dynamic and sometimes highly constrained environments. In addition, learning objectives address agile approaches to standard project management processes such as metrics, reporting, and contract management.
Traditional Project Managers making the transition to agile environments, and agile team members interested in taking on servant leadership roles are the primary audience for this certification. Relevant roles include Project Managers, ScrumMasters, Business Analysts, Product Managers or other team members interested in Agile Project Management.
The Reality of Agile Projects
- Agile view of a project
- Tolerating ambiguity and uncertainty
- Where traditional management practices fall short
- Benefits of an agile approach to managing projects
- Agile project management terminology
- Strategically leveraging constraints
- Managing constraint and trade-off
- Product quality
- Continuously inspecting and adapting
- Risk mitigation
- Managing budget
- Managing vendors
- Agile contracts
- Performance and Metrics
- Measuring team performance
- Team productivity metrics
- Measuring individual performance
- Determining the health of a project
- Project value metrics
Establishing and Empowering Teams
- Establishing effective teams
- Project charters
- Team charters
- Team working agreements
- Creating an empowered team
- Generalizing specialists
- Building trust and community
- Conflict resolution
- Optimizing team dynamics
Agile Planning and Estimating
- How much to invest upfront
- Progressive elaboration
- Continuous planning, collaboration and transparency
- Release planning
- Increment planning
- Principles of agile estimation
- Estimation techniques
Communication and Collaboration
- Project community: Customers and users
- Stakeholder engagement
- Fluid communication planning
- Building community
- Open information and big visible communications
Certification- ICAgile accredited course
This course aligns with the Foundation learning objectives of the International Consortium for Agile Fundamentals of Agile track. Successful completion of the course results in the participant becoming a Certified ICAgile professional. For more information go to the ICAgile website.
Cost & Discount Policy
R11 600 per person, excluding 15% VAT.
Group discounts for 3+ delegates apply.
Next Course Date & Bookings
We offer courses in Centurion, Rivonia, Cape Town, Gaberone and Nairobi. Other cities upon request.
[tribe_events view=”list” category=”apm”]