“Flow Optimization and Kanban Cadences – Advanced Kanban Management Method (KMP II)”, a two-day training taught in English, systematically builds upon the foundations established in “Kanban System Design – A System Thinking Approach to Evolutionary Change (KMP I)” or your existing Kanban knowledge.
By focusing on the complex demands of a multi-teamed organization, we explore how to keep momentum beyond initial improvements realized from a successful Kanban implementation. We address the need to ensure that better products and services lead to higher customer satisfaction and business performance through the sound management and understanding of the seven cadences offered by Kanban.
This course provides the essential tools to those wanting to grow a learning organization and leverage the many services which connect and interact. After these two days, you will uncover the potential still hidden in your system, even if you are currently using Kanban successfully. You will learn about the techniques which can be used to achieve the full-potential of your Kanban system. In this advanced Kanban training, we work on scaling, prioritizing and forecasting—those themes which need a system that has been in place for a while and has somewhat matured
“When will the work be finished?” and “How much work can we deliver in each timeframe?” are two questions which you will be able to answer in the future with accurate predictability instead of just estimating an answer.
Are you at the point where the WIP limit isn’t being maintained because suddenly everything has top priority? Classical prioritization often causes more problems than it solves. We examine an economically reasonable and resilient method for prioritization: Cost of Delay.
With the third theme, scaling, we focus on answering the following question: How do you best coordinate a Kanban system over different hierarchical and functional levels of a company, so that they are integrated and networked into a whole system?
What You Will Learn
- Deeper Kanban practices to sustain evolutionary improvements
- Fit for purpose metrics
- How to fight emotional objections to WIP limit introduction
- Practice Kanban as a robust blueprint for real-world change management scenarios
- Compile Kanban strategies to sustain and scale evolutionary improvements in your organization
- Enabled by 7 Kanban cadences, apply a tactical approach to organizational feedback loops in common areas, including:
- Operations Review
- Service Delivery Review
- Risk Review
- Accurately predict when your work will be finished
- Make prioritization decisions based on economic factors instead of hunches
- Scale your Kanban system to generate more value for your company
- Implement the most important advanced flow concepts in your daily work
- Forecasts for single work items
- Forecasts for several work items (e.g. Releases, Sprints)
- Sequencing and Scheduling Managing Risk
- Gain hands-on learning with an enterprise-level Kanban case study
KMP II – Day 1
- Review and explore the motivations for the Kanban method
- Examine and recognize emotional objections to WIP limit introduction
- Assess and interpret the Kanban value system, commitment and replenishment
- Investigate Kanban at scale, understanding the organization as a network of services
- Introducing an enterprise-level Kanban case study
KMP II – Day 2
- Identify an evolutionary approach to change management
- Investigate Fitness for purpose, KPIs, and metrics
- Implement organizational feedback loops with Kanban cadences
- Further analyze an enterprise-level Kanban case study
Who Should Attend
The ideal participants of this class are those seeking to gain a deeper understanding of the benefits of applying Kanban to their existing workflows. This course serves those who take responsibility for establishing, managing and/or improving delivery of products and services to customers of professional service businesses. Developers, Project Managers, Testers, CXOs, Engineers, QA Team Members, Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, Process Improvement Coaches, Stakeholders, and Sponsors.
To attend the KMP II class, you will first need to complete the 2-day, KMP I class. Prior to the training, it is recommended to read one of these two books:
Kanban by David J. Anderson
Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
Kanban Management Professional Certification – Successful completion of both the KMP I and KMP II class will result Kanban Management Professional® (KMP) credential certificate accompanied by the KMP Badge from Lean Kanban University®, the only credible certification authority on Lean Kanban.
Regular: R17 900 per person excl. VAT @ 14%.
Early Beard: R13 900 per person excl. VAT @ 14% (we only have 10 Early Bird tickets!)
Please complete the form below to make a booking.