Get the resources you need to Lead SAFe® in your enterprise and become a certified SAFe Agilist (SA).
Leading SAFe 4.5 Training Summary
This two-day course teaches the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You will learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
About the SAFe® Agilist Certification
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA). The SAFe Agilist certification program is for executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Agilist certificate
- One year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist
- SAFe Agilist branding kit with the SA certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Agilist exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
- SAFe Agilist (SA) attendance certificate upon request
Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach hours
- Renewal is done through the Scaled Academy directly
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Learn Real World Agile techniques used successfully by real teams!
- Walk through the entire Agile Development Life-cycle end to end using a practical real world project.
- Acquire real world techniques for planning, estimating and prioritizing requirements in an Agile way.
- Become familiar with how to build self-organizing high performing teams.
- Learn how to engage your business customers and delight them through early and frequent delivery of value.
- Improve requirements gathering through collaborative brainstorming, breaking down EPICs and defining acceptance tests.
- Learn how to create simple yet powerful visible Agile tracking reports.
- Get tips on advanced topics such as scaling Agile to large projects, distributed teams and lean portfolio management.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and SolutionÂ Architects
After this course, you will understand how to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate large Value Streams
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Configure the Framework for your context
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an AgileÂ Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
2 day course.
Cost & Discount Policy
R10 430 (Excl. 14% VAT) per person for 2 days. Watch social media for discounts!
Discounts for groups of 3+ people.
Inclusions: Facilitation in a modern, tranquil conference facility with sufficient catering. Morning Tea/ coffee, Tea time, Lunch, High tea.
Condition: A minimum number of 8 students per course is required. If the threshold is not reached, the course will be moved to the next course date.
Next Course Date & Location
Rivonia: 28 & 29 September 2017
Centurion: 11 & 12 December 2017