Why PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)?
Agile has made its way into the mainstream and is no longer a grassroots movement. Today, more companies are adopting this approach over a traditional waterfall methodology, and more are about to make the transition.
To stay relevant in the competitive, changing world of project management, it’s important that project management professionals demonstrate true leadership ability on today’s software projects.
The Project Management Institute’s Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP©) certification clearly illustrates to colleagues, organizations and potential employers that you’re a leader. This class not only prepares you to lead your next Agile project effort, but ensures that you’re prepared to pass the PMI-ACP certification exam.
PMI-ACP® (Agile Certified Practitioner) Course Objectives
Learn the Domain areas needed to pass the PMI-ACP® Exam! In fact, the course is so in-depth that you will be able to execute Scrum, Kanban, XP, TDD or any hybrid model afterwards.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Agile Principles of SCRUM, KANBAN, XP and TDD
- Develop the expertise of implementing multi iterative development models for any scale of projects
- Develop the ability to deliver high Velocity Stories and Epics
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to clear the PMI-ACP certification exam along with the requisite 21 PDUs
- Walk through the entire Agile Development Life-cycle end to end using a practical real world project.
- Learn real world techniques for planning, estimating and prioritizing requirements in an Agile way.
- Learn how to build self-organizing high performing teams.
- Learn how to engage your business customers and delight them through early and frequent delivery of value.
- Improve requirements gathering through collaborative brainstorming, breaking down EPICs and defining acceptance tests.
- Learn how to create simple yet powerful visible Agile tracking reports.
- Get tips on advanced topics such as scaling Agile to large projects, distributed teams and lean portfolio management.
This course provides you with 21 contact hours / PDU’s required by the PMI® for exam entrance.
Why Agile Certified Practitioner course?
- Learn the entire Agile Lifecycle with real-world practical techniques!
- Covers the key PMI® Learning Objectives needed to pass the PMI-ACP® certification exam.
- Designed to walk you through the Agile Lifecycle activities end to end.
- Coach high-performance teams who deliver results.
- Evaluate how new approaches to manage project scope, schedule, budget and quality are easily improved through effective Agile controls.
- Combine best methods from multiple Agile methodologies
- Learn the most powerful Agile metrics to ensure continuous improvement
- Avoid the pitfalls many teams fall into when adopting Agile practices
- Transition from a Command and Control leadership style to the more powerful Servant Leadership method of management
Who should attend?
Project Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Developers, QA/Testers, IT Leaders, Project Stakeholders, and other Team Members and Managers interested in passing the PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner PMI-ACP® certification exam.
3 day course
Comprehensive course-ware is included in the price. You also get 21 contact hours as well as a certificate of attendance. The 21 contact hours can also be applied as Category A PDU’s for maintaining current PMI® credentials.
R8 500 (Excl. 14 % VAT) per person for 3 days. Watch social media for discounts!
Early bird pricing may be applicable, please see tickets below.
Inclusions: Facilitation in a modern, tranquil conference facility with sufficient catering. Morning Tea/ coffee, Tea time, Lunch, High tea.
Exclusions: Examination fee with PMI.org. Please refer to the handbook below for more information.
Condition: A minimum number of 8 students per course is required. If the threshold is not reached, the course will be moved to the next course date for that city.
For more information on the course from the viewpoint of PMI, please view the PMI-ACP handbook here.
Next course is in JHB from 23 – 25 March 2017.
Please request information or book via this form.
PMI and PMI-ACP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute.