Scrum Master job description
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self organization.
- Guiding the team on self organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles and practices.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc).
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. (Adjust based on your necessity)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc).
- Previous experience as a team lead.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Experience with starting teams on Agile, transformations etc.
- B Degree (IT, Management etc.)
- PSM I & II
- Certified Product Owner advantageous
Please place Scrum Master Talent in the subject line, and attach a cover letter that includes:
- You selling your own brand
- You telling us about three impressive changes you affected to Transform the Way of Work
- Why you are the candidate that we should hire